My presents

My presents

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Free Summer Programs!



Planning and research is ESSENTIAL for summer (knowing that plans can and do get changed).....but if you spend just a bit of time at Starbucks (preferably by yourself!), with just a few clicks from google, you can come up with free entertainment options for your city all summer long! I never really knew about this until about 3 summers ago when I really began to research and found out all the offerings that my city has to offer. It is truly amazing!

There are several story-times that occur country-wide, such as Barnes n Noble and libraries, but you will also find city-specific things when you look. If you have never been to your city's website, usually run by  your city council or government. Seriously check it out! Through this website for my city, I found a series called "Stories in the Sky" run by the local balloon museum. I had heard before about this, but we had just never been. Today was our first time and we had a great time. Who can beat an air conditioned place, fun music, stories and even crafts? The kids loved looking at the ballooning memorabilia and there were some cute photo-ops!



One thing that is difficult for my family is the fact that I have a wide span of ages. I have 2 boys close in age and 1 girl who is 4 1/2 years older than one brother and 6 years older than her youngest brother. Sometimes finding activities they all can participate in can be a challenge. However, she is usually pretty good about jumping in even when things are a bit on the younger side (as was the story time this morning). She enjoys seeing her brothers have fun and I love that!

Whatever the activity, get those kids up and moving and do something different than the normal schedule. It will create memories of experiences they have never had before and that is a priceless thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment