My presents

My presents

Friday, August 26, 2011

Proverbs 31: Day 23: Strengths and Weaknesses

Day 23. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

Strengths:

Encouragement Mercy Hope Organization Love Nurturing Music Discernment Making Friends Confidence Leadership Joy Crafts Making Lists Transparency Cooking Writing Reading/Literature Listening

Weaknesses:

Life Balance Saying "NO" Math Science Debate Anger Patience Consistency in my time with God Trust Focus Pride Baking :) Hosting Service Selfishness Parking (don't laugh) Judgement Comparing myself to others

**Kind of telling, isn't it? Kind of tells a lot about a person's personality to have it all out there like that. I read a verse in the Bible yesterday that adresses this very issue:

Psalm 39:13-14: 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

The words "inmost being" in the Greek literally mean "personality." I think it is so awesome that God made me exactly who He wanted me to be.....with both my strengths and my weaknesses......that does not mean I should stop trying to working on my weaknesses because He can help me do that.....but He made me the person, with the personality that He wanted for me. I hope that this encourages you today. Sometimes I get down when I compare myself to others (as I should be down about it as it is weakness of mine :). I sometimes wish my personality was more like this person or that.....but THIS here and now is what God made for me. He made you perfectly how He wants you to be too. Rejoice in that today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for posting this! I used to pray this over my son when I was pregnant with him (now 21 months old) & I used to think of it literally, how God was actually creating Brayden's body while I carried him inside of me. Now, as a very active toddler, I need to think of this verse in a new way & remember that God created my little guy with the exact personality & temperament that he has, even when he is completely frustrating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for this today. It was very much needed.

    ReplyDelete