My presents

My presents

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Proverbs 31: Day 24- Spiritual Lessons

Day 24. What is Jesus teaching you presently?

You have likely all heard it before. But, right now, God is teaching me that I actually do NOT trust in Him fully like I should. In my mind, I know all the answers about how we are to depend on the Lord and trust Him in any and all circumstances, but in my heart, I do not always live like that!

I am currently reading through the book: "Trusting God Even When Life Hurts" by Jerry Bridges. I am about 3/4 of the way through the book and I have been heavily invested in truly learning and comprehending what God would have me take away from this book. He makes an interesting statement at the beginning of the book and that is something to the effect of "this book is not for the faint of heart. It is not for those who are currently enduring heavy trials in their life. You should use discernment in recommending this book to others and should be studied during a time when life is relatively calm, so you can look back on the truths that you have learned and cling to them during the dark times of life." (This is not an actual quote. I am feeling too lazy right now to grab it and write it down exactly as he stated it.)

I began my journey on trust when Trenton was born in such a traumatic way. I was thankful to be able to remember many of the scriptures that God has given me in times past: ie. Ps. 56:3- "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee," and "Psalm 27:13-14: "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." But now that I am currently not "in the fire" with him, I am able to read more and learn more about what it truly means to trust in God.

Reading this week about the wisdom of God has been astounding. What He does in our lives is ultimately for HIS glory AND for OUR good. If we doubt the sovereignty of God,, how can we trust Him even a little bit? I know that the things He brings into my life, BOTH good and bad are for His glory and my good! I was reminded of a precious scripture found in Mark 9:23-24 that really struck home for me. Jesus is reminding a boy's father that anything is possible with God. He replies "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief." What an AWESOME prayer! There are times when we DO believe that God is doing things for our good, but we have to pray that very same prayer "help me with my unbelief!"

I am reminded that God made me who I am for His purposes. He created my body, my soul, my personality, my strengths and weaknesses (see yesterday's post!) and everything about me. He knows ours struggles. In fact, he LIVED our struggles while on earth. That He should humble Himself at all and come to earth to live in this depraved place is the most amazing gift, and allows me to trust Him even more.

Anyway, as I trust Him EVERY DAY for the life of this precious child that He chose to spare, I continue to grow in my faith and in my trust of Him, every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment