My presents

My presents

Monday, March 28, 2011

Trader Joes

Nothing makes me more happy than this:


If I could, I would shop exclusively at this store. Just walking in my attitude changes from "I am so tired and shopping with 3 kids is no fun" to "oh I wish I had a million dollars so I could buy up this store!" The fresh flowers that greet us as we walk in make me wish to have a fresh bouquet on the table every night for dinner. I do have to snatch up that fresh basil plant.....

We are on a mission to be healthier people as a family group. I married a fairly picky eater and consequently have 2 other fairly picky eaters on my hands. BUT, with excitement and allowing the oldest to push her own cart, new foods have become pretty fun!

*By the way, I have lost 10 pounds!!!! I can't begin to tell you how proud I am. I am back to pre-pregnancy with ELLIE weight. I haven't been this small in 7 years!

We have a game this month. In the latest Rachael Ray magazine, she featured 101 healthy snacks.....and most of the combos I would NEVER have put together. The family chose some favorite numbers and we are trying out some new foods.

Hold onto your hats. This one is weird. Tonight's healthy snack featured the following items:


Yes, that would be sugar snap peas dipped in melted goat cheese......


We all (minus Greg....he would die) reluctantly tried it. Let's just say the sugar snap peas were a hit....and the goat cheese went in the garbage. But hey, at least we tried it!

I'll post about another one later....and this one actually WAS a hit....a huge one.....that is going in Ellie's lunch box tomorrow!

But at least my kids were ready to try something new and it wasn't spat out! Ellie decided this might be her favorite veggie too!


All in all, good experiment!


7 comments:

  1. Okay, in my opinion as a goat cheese lover, goat cheese should NOT be melted and eaten as a dip with sugar snap peas. It is MUCH better cold and scraped on a cracker or on a piece of bruschetta or crumbled on a salad. I always have it in the fridge, and I would never melt it. I blame Rachael Ray! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech.....you are telling me!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you said you threw the goat cheese in the garbage, I was going to say: snap peas...YES, goat cheese...NO! I would maybe try it, but not melted like Glenna said. But your father HATES it! Yay for Rachael Ray...most of the time (this is one exception!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys love snap peas! But I have to say no to goat cheese. I have tried it on crackers and still no :( Yay for you trying all the new healthy snacks. Can't wait to hear what is next. I have a had time getting my picky boys to try things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubs LOVE goat cheese and for me now way. However he would draw the line at melted cheese. He likes it with fresh green salad, strawberries, walnuts, light dressing, and crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese. However YAY for you guys having fun and experimenting with new foods!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I triple love the new layout and pictures!! very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU Joanna!!!!!! We got family pics done in Ohio when we were there and I do absolutely ADORE them!!!!

    ReplyDelete