My presents

My presents

Friday, January 23, 2015

Life....

.....has gotten in the way of my blog. I like that. I like that life has made my screen-time diminish. I like that my time has been spent in meetings for school... making healthy recipes... typing up papers for fifth graders who waited until the last minute... cutting coupons...laundry upon laundry, upon laundry.....my sewing business....making endless towers then having my boys crash them down.....organizing my home.......doctors and dentist appointments......the exciting....and the mundane. That is as it should be. I don't apologize for that. But, I know that I have been missing this little outlet of creativity.

I once again recently discovered my other on-line love.....PINTEREST. I have to be careful with this site because it has the potential to eat up all of my time. On there I pin things that I LOVE. I pin projects I want to do, and recipes I want to try. I get really great ideas from other women who think like me. I even pin things that make me laugh like a little girl, just because they brightened my day a little bit. I DO do a lot of the things that I pin.....ie. my "pinteresting summer" series that I have done for 2 years now. But, I don't do nearly enough of what I pin and I REALLY want to! There are too many wonderful, fantastic ideas that just sit out in cyber-space, pinned on Rebekah Lynn's boards, categorized so nicely and then just remain there for all of time.

So, I have made a REALLY FUN pact with myself. I would LOVE to do at least ONE new Pinterest project, recipe or idea per week. Just one a week.....I am not going to go in any kind of an order or make this too complicated. I am just going to do it because it will be fun and I think that it has the potential to enrich my life and the life of my precious people.

I began with need. One thing that I NEED is a good wallet system and I had not found one yet. I have the cash organizers that I make and sell on my site (check them out HERE!) but I have TONS of cards that I need to carry as well and my old wallet recently broke. Because I love to carry things that I have made, I really wanted to find a pattern that I love.....which is where Pinterest come in oh, so handy :) I did find an fantastic tutorial HERE at Infarrantly Creative. (I will definitely be giving credit where credit is due as I blog about my different Pinterest ideas!). I am not done yet......but here is a preview. Because it is almost midnight (go to BED, Rebekah!), I think I better put this project to bed, and head there myself. Can't wait to finish this up tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment