My presents

My presents

Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Journal!

We all want to keep education as a priority over the summer but it doesn't really happen all the time! But, one fun way to keep education at the forefront is to teach kids to journal!

We did this activity yesterday during nap time for Ellie my 8 year old. I bought a plain composition book like the kind she uses at school for $1.99. Then I pulled out all my old scrapbook paper, stickers, glitter and glue and let her have at it! This activity took her about an hour to complete and she LOVED making it her own.

Allow kids to go crazy and decorate the book however THEY want it to. When she was done gluing down all the random pieces of paper we then made a front label that she filled out that said "Ellie's Summer Journal."

Allow the glue to dry a few hours then cover it with clear contact paper. Now your child has a unique journal for the summer.....this encouraged creativity and helps writing skills for those budding writers!




3 comments:

  1. Ellie, I really like your journal! It so reflects YOU, as well as your MOM! Also, in the pictures, believe it or not, for the first time, I can see a little bit of your Daddy in you!

    Becky, thanks for being such a creative mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ell bear, I really love it! for real. I used to LOVE putting together collages and I still do! Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete