My presents

My presents

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Making Crepes!

I went to Romania in 1997 and I experienced crepes from a cafe for the first time in my life. Since that time I have wanted to learn to make them. About 2 years ago I tried once and they were so gross I didn't do it again. But, I came across THIS RECIPE from pinterest and as part of my "Pinterest-ing Summer" I had a goal to learn to make crepes!

So, last night I made them and it was FANTASTIC.....according to everyone! I changed them up a bit. I made the regular crepe recipe and did a variation on the ham and cheese ones listed. I made ham and swiss cheese crepes with the mustard/cheese sauce that had broccoli in it. I am telling you it was DIVINE!



Then for dessert we had nutella and strawberry crepes.....and they were gobbled down by everyone. SO YUMMY! I am excited that I have done something I have always wanted to do and it turned out so great! I always thought they would be so difficult but actually they were quite easy and I WILL be doing it again!

2 comments:

  1. We make them all the time! If you have a container of berries, put them in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water and two tablespoons of sugar - let it boil, then reduce to a simmer and it will thicken a bit - put in the middle with whipped cream on top - FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make crepes all the time as well. I use a recipe from my vitamix cookbook that is super easy and awesome. Another thing you can do with crepes is use them to make the shells for manicotti. It tastes WAY better than the pasta version and is so much easier to fill. You make the crepes, then add a spoonful of the ricotta cheese mixture inside, roll them up, put them in the pan with sauce and bake. I made manicotti with my friends and we had both versions (I think they were a bit worried about the crepe version). By the time we were done, all my friends are now converts to using crepes for manicotti.

    ReplyDelete