My presents

My presents

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome Summer!!

Today was the last day of school for a certain now 8 year old little girl. She was SO excited about their Olympics day in class and then bus water fight. Pink water gun in hand she left for her last day of 2nd grade....EVER!

So, I decided today would be a day of celebrating the close of a school year and to usher in one of the best times of the year.....SUMMER!

First of all, I packed this in Ellie's lunch box as a surprise note. She is ALL about surprises!


Then her brothers and I got busy in making a "Welcome Summer" sign. We donned aprons and got out the sponge brushes, washable paint and freezer paper. (Side note: I know I have talked about the wonders of freezer paper before but here is another great way to use it. It cost about $6 and the role is very very large and will last a long time. It has one side of regular paper and the other side a shiny waxy substance. Hit it with a hot iron and you have great iron transfer paper for patterns.......OR you can roll it out and have a great art canvas! You can find freezer paper in the aisle with tin foil, bags and wax paper. Be aware that freezer paper is NOT parchment or wax paper!)


We had a blast painting in the beautiful weather and getting excited about surprising their sister!


Then at noon we headed off to the bus stop. Because of the gorgeous weather in this state we get to walk to the bus stop almost 100% of the time. So, goodbye for now of this:


...and we give a huge and HEARTY "WELCOME TO SUMMER!" YAY!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. haha this is so fun :) you fall under the catergory of super mom, I assure you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel!!! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete