My presents

My presents

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What's in YOUR CD player?

My husband's love language is giving gifts..which means that I get a lot of them. He is so funny that when he buys me something for Christmas or something he also cant wait to give it to me! So, I have 1 wrapped gift still under the tree, but one already installed under my cabinets in the kitchen. It is an under-the-counter CD player and radio. It is PERFECT for me. We only had 1 CD player and Ellie would steal it from me to use every night to go to sleep with because hers broke. I would always be stealing it back to put in the kitchen because I want music playing all the time!

For the past week or so, all that has been in my CD player is one of my favorite CD's:



Il Divo is one of my favorite groups for a number of reasons.

1. I studied Classical Music at Cedarville University. I have my degree in Vocal Performance. During that time in my life I learned to REALLY appreciate people who know how to sing WELL. There are TONS of singers out there who people think have talent but really don't know the FIRST thing about music. These men know how to SING! It is music to my ears and to my soul! I appreciate real talent :)

2. Their voices sound like chocolate. My voice teacher used to say that but it is true. If you changed chocolate into voices, it would sound like the mend of Il Divo!

3. This particular CD is full of mostly Christmas classics which are so lovely, but also some surprises. I think I have replayed #8 more times than I can count :)

4. The orchestral accompaniment is so gorgeous.

5. I could listen to this CD all year long.

6. In my recitals, I sang in Italian, English, German, Spanish, Latin and French. I know the work behind learning to sing languages that you do not, yourself, speak. Hours I spent going through my pieces. My accompanist was from areas of Africa where they speak French so he would tutor me on my pronunciation. Sometimes, I love hearing these beautiful and fluid languages. A song sung in Italian will ALWAYS sound better than one sung in English. English is such a hard language where some other languages flow of the tongue!

That's a long way to to say that I really love this CD. So, what is in your CD player?

2 comments:

  1. Go Fish Guys.. They are a kid-focused group of 3 guys (they are all Dads actually) that sing Christian music geared for children. Well, not all their songs are just Christian, but I just love their music, and so do our kids.
    Right now we have their Christmas CD in, and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Il Divo! My mother in law bought me their CD about a year before she passed away and I love listening to it... their voices are just so pure and beautiful... love them! :)

    ReplyDelete