My presents

My presents

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Postings

To all you women out there who have been able to keep up with blogging in spite of this busy season, I do applaud you. We have been doing much of THIS in this house:

Decorating:



"The Promise":


An early Christmas with my beloved parents:


Christmas pictures (LOVED our amazing SW setting!)


Not to mention baking...Christmas present buying...much sewing...sending presents in the mail...Christmas cards.

It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of the season so we forget WHY we are celebrating. No only are we celebrating the birth of our Savior, but we also have a time of gratitude for the people and loves in our lives...giving to them to show just an inkling of how much we care, but never quite making that TRULY be known.

I have been reminding myself to take time for the little things in life, and that truly is the most important thing...more than blogging, more than wrapping, card making, seeing santa in the mall. We have already had a wonderful season on reflection and advent for the exciting day we celebrate the birth of our Savior. So, all that to say I look forward to a day in about a month when routine will be better established and I can blog on a regular basis about things that make me insanely happy.

Just a taste: We have had a miracle in this house. My son who was told he would likely never walk is walking. He is communicating. He is catching up to his real age.

My favorite recipe of the season? Peppermint biscotti. I have made the first batch and ready for several more!

My latest sewing project on my table at the moment: Infinity scarves...boozle bears...farm animal plushies...

Looking forward to making some patterns out of the book "Sewing for Boys." To say I am excited is an understatement! Can't wait to share as I make some for my 2 kiddos!

Review of the Kindle Fire. Nice.

2 huge answers to prayer for friends who are adopting. It has been amazing to be part of their journey through prayer.

Disney World: Here we come...eventually!

How do you stay organized? A peak into my planner that is my life.

Continuing to learn money-saving tips and tricks. I love sharing them!

Time for blogging will be there...someday when this hustle and bustle is behind me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment