My presents

My presents

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crafty Letter Project

We began our Saturday morning with a cheap and fun activity....and since the weather is so beautiful here in the SW we found ourselves here:


As I was walking around, I began noticing beauty all around me and remembered a project I have been planning on doing for years now....but have never gotten around to it. We went on a letter hunt!

All things were acceptable, except for "real" letters on signs, written in the dirt, or otherwise made to actually be a letter. The kids (and husband) quickly got in on the game. We looked for any and all letters, hoping to find all the letters in each of the kids names. Well, we did not find them all, but we did find a lot.....and some I vetoed, like the pile of dog feces that looked like the letter "S" :) Aren't you glad?

My project is going to include the photos in matching black frames for the kids walls, but we have a bit more searching to do. For all three names the only letters I have left to find are: I, R, and N. After the kids names, I am thinking of doing something else for our home, but we'll wait on that too.

Here's what you'll need to do this project:

A creative mind
A camera (mine is just a plain old point and shoot digital!)
Nature
A simple photo editing program (I like picnik.com)
Black frames

Here are some of my favorites to give you some inspiration.






Happy Letter Hunting!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this project. Think when Gabriel is older I would like to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Your pictures are wonderful too! I have been focused on getting the school work done that sometimes I forget to stop and do the fun things. I need to get better at doing fun projects again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea!!!! I love it! Great photos too!!!! I hope you all are settling in just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is a really good idea, and I know that you will enjoy doing it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool! I love it! I have always wanted to do this but have never thought I'd be able to find the letters. Yours turned out perfect, though! I'd love to see them all when you have them done (or before)! I feel silly having to ask this, but what is the swing for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The swing is the letter U :) I haven't done any more searching but once I have the kids names, plus the rest of the alphabet, I'll definitely post about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, well, that is what I immediately thought of and just kept coming back to that, but since there isn't a U in any of the kids' names, I didn't think that could be it. I didn't realize you were doing the whole alphabet. Lol.

    ReplyDelete