My presents

My presents

Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Door!

A recent boring day, lead me to my favorite site on the entire world wide web: Pinterest! I was feeling very "crafty" but not too ambitious and not extremely creative. So, I began to just look through all the hundreds of pins I have already pinned onto Pinterest. I was looking for something I could do for my home that was 1. summery 2. easy 3. uses materials that I already have on hand and 4. can be completed in a short amount of time.

I settled upon this adorable website that showed a beautiful star wreath for the front door: Here is the original link if anyone would like to go there....I want to go on record of that that for my "Pinteresting Summer" blog series, I am always going to show you the original link. Most ideas are not mine, but are taken from or adapted from other, more creative people! STAR WREATH!!

So, without further ado, here is the wreath that I made for my front door. I think it turned out very cute, only took me about 45 minutes to complete and is perfect for both Memorial Day or July 4th!


For this project, you only need the following materials:

cute paper (ie. scrapbook paper)
hot glue
ribbon
cardboard (for the backing)

1. Go on the internet and search "star template" on google. When you have the size that you desire, print it out and use it as your template.

2. Trace your star template onto 12 pieces of paper. I used 6 different papers and did 2 stars of each.

3. Once you have your stars cut out, you begin to fold them 3 dimentionally. This seems intimidating but is really only time-consuming. You fold a crease down each point stopping at the middle. Then you take 2 adjacent points and fold them the opposite direction in the space between the 2 points. Once you do it, it makes sense, I promise!

4. Cut out a template of a wreath from a piece of cardboard. Make it look like a skinny donut.

5. Then just simply arrange all the stars, and use hot glue to glue down the points. Do not skimp on the glue. 

6. Attach a ribbon loop to the back and there you have it...a very festive and cute wreath for your door or mantle. I plan on doing this again in new colors....perhaps Christmas time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment