My presents

My presents

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe: Olive Chicken and Couscous

I love trying new recipes.......and I love it when everyone else loves it too. This recipe is very "me" so I was concerned that my family would not like it. Haha! But, they did. Grant it, Ellie does not care for olives but I only made her eat one and she loved the rest!

This recipe originally came from an old copy of the Rachael Ray magazine.....but I changed it up, so now I am confident to say that this one is my own!




Ingredients:

1 cup plus 2 Tbs. couscous (couscous is actually a pasta but it resembles rice. They sell it plain and seasoned. I personally do not care for seasoned couscous so I like to season it up myself!)
1 Tbs. butter
Olive Oil
2 tsp. chicken broth granules
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
onion powder
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
1/2 c. green olives, quartered lengthwise (I actually think black olives or kalamata olives would be fabulous in this as well!)

1. Bring 1 1/4 c. water to a boil with 1 Tbs. butter, a pinch of salt and about 2 tsp. chicken broth granules. Stir in couscous and 2 Tbs. Olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.


2. Meanwhile in an electric skillet, heat about 2 Tbs. olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, then add the sliced garlic and season chicken with some onion powder. Cook until chicken is golden and cooked through.


3. Stir in tomatoes, olives and 1/2 c. water. Simmer until sauce has boiled down and thickened up just a bit (about 5 minutes).


Serve with the couscous!

No comments:

Post a Comment