My presents

My presents

Friday, June 17, 2011

Boredom Buster: Plan a meal to make for the family

Who knew this particular boredom buster would turn out to be so wonderful? Ellie went through the cookbook and chose her recipes, made a master grocery list, picked out coupons, went with me to the store (I insisted on paying ;), made all the food and did a wonderful Father's Day surprise for her daddy!

She used the "Junior Cookbook" circa 1988 that used to be mine when I was first discovering my love for the kitchen. Her menu was delightful! She chose the pear salad, mini-pizzas and strawberry shakes for dessert :)


Tyler REALLY wanted to be in on the action. It was kind of hard keeping him out of the kitchen, so we were happy when Daddy finally showed up :)


Ever seen pride in the eyes of a child?


My kids are extremely blessed to have Greg as their daddy. They love him so very much.....even more than they love me, I think! It is wonderful to see them want to please him.....and want to do things to make him proud. Ellie was so excited to present her dinner to her daddy.....and we all loved it!


Get down and dirty with your kids in the kitchen. It might teach you a lesson in patience you did not necessarily want to learn, but it will be well worth it :)

I might add that her meal turned out much better than my meal I did for my family when I was her age......fish and hot dogs :)


1 comment: